Welcome to the Teachonomy
036: Technology is a Teacher's Silverware
Welcome to Episode 36 of the Teachonomy Talks podcast. In this episode I talk about how technology is a teacher’s silverware, how it must be viewed as a tool to enhance learning, and how a good teacher leading the way is the most important factor in it all.
Technology is a teacher’s silverware. Our objectives, our lessons and our pedagogy, make up the meal that the feast we prepare for our students is based upon. It is the ‘silverware’ that serves as a tool to help us to enhance the experience overall.
- Enhance learning by differentiating to the needs of your students.
- Encourage individual learning and growth in a way that would be impossible otherwise
- Reach the diversity of learning styles that our students possess, and help you meet them where they are.
- It can demonstrate and encourage innovation and help students push limits that they think are impossible to overcome.
- It can give immediate feedback on growth, and provide confidence to those who need it most.
But just like silverware, it is useless without YOU.