I have been teaching for 15 years and I believe teachers can change the world. I understand that there are times when we feel overwhelmed and frustrated. I don’t have all the answers and I won’t pretend that I am a master motivator or the ultimate inspiration for kids. I will say though that I believe in teachers and I believe that the impact we have on a daily basis can be remarkable. My vision is to create a community for teachers where they can be inspired and empowered to do amazing things everyday!
I’ve been to Harry Potter World more times that I care to admit and believe it may just be the best place on Earth!
I’ve drilled a clean water well in Nicaragua to bring drinking water to a village for the first time.
I’ve played in 3 national soccer championships and was a multi-sport All American in college.
I’ve never even sipped or tasted coffee.
I don’t eat cheese or seafood (yet I will have a slice of pizza now and then).
I’m married to my best friend, who also happens to be a physician and an amazing singer!
I’m deathly afraid of heights.
I’m the oldest of three and have two sisters who are also teachers.
I think “Butter Beer” (from Harry Potter World) is the best beverage in the world.
I’ve been a portrait and fine art photographer for over 15 years.
I’ve been a paperboy, lifeguard, camp counselor, DJ , waiter, and retail clerk before I was a teacher.
I’ve been a coach for over 20 years in the sports of soccer, basketball and softball.
I love to travel and have a goal to visit every continent at least once.
I got a chance to “fish” with one of the “Deadliest Catch” crews in Alaska
I teach in the Middle School and absolutely LOVE it!
A few things I do to engage with teachers around the world
- I have a weekly show, “Teachonomy Talks,” on iTunes focusing on episodes, no longer than 12 minutes once a week, that will hopefully provide a useful “nugget” to be used in your classroom or to get you thinking.
- I write this blog to share innovative ideas and connect with teachers around the globe.
- I tweet just about everyday. I want to make sure that teachers and anyone interested in education can benefit. I share articles and ideas from my daily reading that will hopefully engage and help my fellow teachers.
- I write a weekly newsletter for teachers. I like to share tools I have been using in my classroom, ideas that have been shared with me, and much more!
- I host a Private Facebook Group for teachers to collaborate and share ideas daily.
I am honored to be on this journey with so many amazing educators. We are influencing the future of the world each and every day and my desire is to help empower, encourage and equip in any way I can!